Corporate & Commercial Banking
Corporate and Commercial Banking refers to services provided by banks and financial institutions to their corporate customers. Corporate customers are not individuals but businesses and companies.
The services provided are very different compared to those for individuals. An individual usually only uses a savings and current account, home loans and mortgages and credit cards and personal loans. Companies on the other hand, use the following services:
- Corporate loans and credit facilities - these loans may take various different structures from term loans to overdrafts secured by various assets and undertakings of a company
- Trade financing facilities - these are like letters of credit, banking acceptances, factoring arrangements
- Hire purchase and equipment financing
- Commercial mortgages - this is property and building financing
- Treasury services - this involves foreign currency conversion and hedging